Welcome to the Harts October newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
Click on the title for more information:
- UK Budget date announced – The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond, has announced that the Budget will take place on Monday 29 October.
- Self-employed Class 2 National Insurance will not be scrapped – The government has decided not to proceed with plans to abolish Class 2 National Insurance Contributions (NICs) from April 2019.
- ‘No deal’ Brexit guidance and small business survey – The government has issued further notices with the aim of helping both businesses and individuals to prepare in the event of a UK-EU agreement not being realised.
- Deadline for ‘paper’ self assessment tax returns – For those individuals who have previously submitted ‘paper’ self assessment tax returns the deadline for the 2017/18 return is 31 October 2018.
- Deliberate tax defaulters – HMRC has published an updated list of deliberate tax defaulters.
- Genuine HMRC contact and recognising phishing emails and texts – HMRC has updated their guidance.
- HMRC identify record £15.6 million minimum wage underpayments – HMRC has announced that they achieved record enforcement results this year.