Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Click on title for more information on each subject and please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Budget 2018 – The Chancellor Philip Hammond presented his second Autumn Budget on Monday 29 October 2018.
- Personal tax changes – allowance and basic rate band increases. At the Budget, the Chancellor announced that increases to the personal allowance and basic rate band for 2019/20.
- Capital allowances changes – A number of changes to capital allowances were announced at the Budget.
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief changes – The government announced, as part of the Budget, that some changes are being made to the rules for Entrepreneurs’ Relief .
- Making Tax Digital for VAT – HMRC has opened the Making Tax Digital for VAT public pilot.
- New guidance for employers – HMRC has issued the October 2018 Employer Bulletin.
- HMRC countdown: file your tax return – With less than 100 days until the self assessment tax return deadline of 31 January 2019, HMRC is urging taxpayers to complete their tax returns early.
- Further contingency planning guidance on a ‘No deal Brexit’ – HMRC has issued a Partnership Pack to help businesses carry out contingency planning.