Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
Click on the heading for more information
- Coronavirus measure: Statutory Sick Pay from day one – The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has announced that employees will be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from day one when self-isolating.
- Review confirms off-payroll working rules to go ahead from April 2020 – The government has confirmed that reforms to off-payroll working rules for the private sector will go ahead from 6 April 2020.
- IFS calls for Chancellor to raise taxes in upcoming Budget – The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has urged Chancellor Rishi Sunak to use the forthcoming Budget to raise taxes.
- Minimum Wage increases – The National Minimum Wage (NMW) and National Living Wage (NLW) are the legal minimum wage rates that must be paid to employees.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which take effect from 1 March 2020.
- Don’t forget to make tax efficient investments ahead of the tax year end – With the end of the tax year looming there is still time to save tax for 2019/20.
- Freeports – The government has launched a consultation on proposals to create up to ten freeports across the UK.
- Additional financial support for flooding victims – The government has pledged thousands of pounds in additional financial support for victims of the recent floods.
Information correct at time of posting.