The latest business and tax news for June is as follows (click on the heading for more information):
- Tax refund scams warning from HMRC – HMRC has issued a warning to taxpayers regarding the latest tax refund scams.
- 200,000 receive back pay as HMRC enforce National Minimum Wage – BEIS and HMRC are urging underpaid workers to complain about National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage underpayments.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which take effect from 1 June 2018.
- Universal Credit and self-employment – The government has published a report, Universal Credit: supporting self-employment which considers the issues faced by self-employed claimants.
- State Aid approval granted for the Enterprise Management Incentive – It has previously been reported that the Enterprise Management Incentive State Aid approval lapsed on 6 April 2018.
- Wales to set devolved income tax rates – From April 2019, the National Assembly for Wales will be able to vary the rates of income tax payable by Welsh taxpayers.
To discuss any element of the above, contact us at 01625 669669