In our regular monthly newswire we look to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Click on the title for more information and please contact us at 01625 669669 if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Workers’ rights for Pimlico Plumber – A plumber has won a legal battle for working rights in a Supreme Court ruling.
- Latest guidance for employers – HMRC have issued the latest version of the Employer Bulletin.
- UK ‘tax gap’ falls to 5.7% – HMRC has confirmed that the tax gap for 2016/17 has fallen to 5.7%%
- HMRC extends RTI late filing easement until April 2019 – HMRC has extended the payroll Real Time Information (RTI) late filing easement until April 2019.
- HMRC saves the public £2.4M by stopping fraudsters – HMRC has announced that it has saved the public over £2.4m by tackling fraudsters that trick them into using premium rate phone numbers for services that HMRC provide for free.
- VAT reverse charge for construction services consultation – HMRC proposes to introduce new VAT rules for construction services which are subject to consultation.
- Enterprise Management Incentive continues – It has previously been reported that the Enterprise Management Incentive scheme State Aid approval lapsed on 6 April 2018.