Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help. Click on the title for more information.
- Committee warns small businesses ‘could pay heavy price’ for MTD – The Economic Affairs Committee has warned HMRC that small businesses ‘could pay a heavy price’ for Making Tax Digital for VAT.
- Leaving the EU with no deal – The government has published a collection of documents in preparation for the scenario of the UK leaving the EU without a Withdrawal Agreement a so called ‘no deal’ Brexit.
- 180,500 new homeowners benefit from stamp duty tax relief – According to statistics published by HMRC more than 180,500 first-time buyers have benefitted from First Time Buyers Relief.
- Tax-free gifts to employees – Some employers may wish to give a small gift to their employees.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which took effect from 1 December 2018.
- Phishing tax refund email targets university students – HMRC has warned that university students are being bombarded with fake tax refund emails.
- Inheritance Tax Review by Office of Tax Simplification – The Office of Tax Simplification has published the first of two reports on inheritance tax.